The Trick up the Insurance Industry's Sleeve: Colossus
In a personal injury case, you and your West Palm Beach personal injury law firm may come up against the insurance juggernaut that is Colossus. Utilized by insurance companies nationwide, this computer program with the intimidating name allows insurance carriers to calculate the fair value of a claim using dubious data and means. If your case will involve a visit from Colossus, it’s time to educate yourself on the well-known biases of this flawed program.A Pet Program
In use at over half of the insurance companies in the United States, Colossus is a program used by insurance adjusters. An adjuster can feed the program questionably relevant data, possibly in order to skew the results a certain way, and receive a report that lists the fair value of the claim. Although carriers insist that the program works fine, most people outside of the insurance industry will assert otherwise, and it is widely known that Colossus is built to benefit the insurance industry and hinder personal injury victims.Colossus at Work
Before Colossus even takes your actual case and injuries into account, it will examine data regarding your West Palm Beach personal injury law firm and his history in court. For example, it will include in its calculations whether or not your lawyer generally accepts offers from insurance companies or if he takes cases to court. Then Colossus will examine a few other factors while ignoring a number of others.
- After evaluating your attorneys, the program will assign your injury a base severity rating, which presents the start to the evaluation of your claim.
- Colossus will exhibit great bias against soft tissue injuries or subjective injuries, while rewarding objective injuries.
- Colossus will take both the jurisdiction and the venue into account.
- At no point will Colossus consider issues such as stress, inconvenience, pain or loss of enjoyment of life, loss of consortium, or the loss of ability to enjoy previously enjoyable activities.
- When it is finished collating data, the program will count up points and assign a dollar value to your case.
What Colossus greatly fails to examine is human suffering, which a jury is far more qualified to assess. Don’t let Colossus control the future of your personal injury case. Seek the assistance of qualified West Palm Beach personal injury law firm Jessica Mishali at (561) 833-2772 to ensure that you receive the best representation possible in court.