The Law Office of Jessica Mishali, P.A. represent individuals who have suffered significant personal injuries as a result of the negligence of others. If you have been in an automobile accident, slip and fall or other type of accident, The Law Office of Jessica Mishali, P.A. is ready to protect your rights. We only represent the injured and never represent insurance companies. We will thoroughly review your case and proceed in a professional and efficient manner. You only pay us when we recover money damages on your behalf. Almost all of our cases are on a contingent fee basis.
If you should be in an accident, it is important that you only talk to the police. You should only give a statement to your insurance company and not the other party’s insurance company without consulting an attorney.Types of Personal Injury Cases
Among the kinds of cases handled by personal injury lawyers in West Palm Beach Jessica Mishali are:
- Auto Accidents: Florida ranks third in the nation for automobile deaths with 3,300 residents needlessly losing their lives each year (U.S. Census). If you are injured due to someone else’s negligence, we will work diligently to help you gain compensation.
- Bicycle, Motorcycle, and Motorized Scooter Accidents: Individuals who ride two-wheeled vehicles have virtually no protection in an accident. For this reason, their injuries are often very serious, and often permanent.
- 18-Wheeler Accidents: Even though 18-wheeler operators can be among the most skilled drivers on the road, they often drive for long periods with little sleep. When a big rig crashes, other vehicles involved are often irreparable, and the occupants left with devastating injuries.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Next to auto accidents, these are among the most common personal injury cases. Slip and falls can occur from poorly maintained stairs or surfaces, items that are spilled or obstruct passage, etc.
- Dog Bites: Many states have a so-called “one bite” dog law. Dog bite injuries in Florida, however, are treated under strict liability statutes. Given that many dog attack injury victims are children, such an experience can leave emotional scars.
- Product Liability: Consumers are really at the mercy of manufacturers. When a product either malfunctions or is improperly made, the victim may be injured or even killed.
- Wrongful Death: These cases are brought for loss suffered by the survivors, usually spouse and children. The death of a loved one is always devastating; when this person is also the major bread winner, the family may be left destitute.
- Swimming/Drowning: Children under the age of 15 have the highest incidence of death and injury in pool and lake accidents, but anyone may be a victim. Along with drowning accidents, this type of PI case may involve boating accidents, injury from an object, infection from improperly maintained pools, etc.
- Work Injury: Each year thousands of individuals suffer work injuries due to exposure to toxic chemicals, falls, ergonomic issues, and many more. Construction ranks highest in the nation for work injuries, but a person can be hurt even in an office.
- When you're involved in an auto accident in Florida, your personal injury protection (P I P) will cover 80% of your medical bills up to $10,000. This coverage will apply whether you are at fault or not.
- However, in order to make a successful claim against the other driver saying they were negligent, you must have suffered a permanent injury.
- You have a duty to cooperate with your insurance company. However, you should not speak with the other driver’s insurance company, without first consulting with an attorney.
- It is important to have uninsured or underinsured coverage under your automobile insurance policy. If you have an accident with an insured motor vehicle or one that has insurance but not enough to cover your damages, you can make a claim against your own insurance company.
The Law Office of Jessica Mishali, P.A. have handled personal-injury cases in the West Palm Beach area for over 38 years. If you have suffered personal injury as the result of somebody's negligence please contact our office at (561) 833-2772 for a consultation contact us online.