Motor Vehicle Personal Injury Protection Claims
If you are a registered vehicle owner with at least four wheels in Florida you must have minimum coverage of $10,000 personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. Florida No Fault Insurance (PIP) covers you regardless of fault (i.e. whether or not you cause the accident) up to the limits of your policy. Also covered by this insurance are your children and members of your household certain passengers who lack PIP insurance if they do not own the vehicle. The Florida law requires all registered owners to carry a minimum of $10,000 of personal injury protection and $10,000 of property damage liability (PDL).
If you are seriously injured your PIP coverage may not be enough to cover your injuries and insurance companies often do not pay legitimate claims which may necessitate representation by an experienced attorney. The law offices of West Palm Beach auto accident attorney, Jessica Mishali with his four decades of experience is ready to consult with you should you have a potential PIP claim. Please contact our office at (561) 833-2772 for a free consultation or contact us online.Personal Injury Protection Law
The law is designed to pay your medical bills in a timely manner, requiring the insurance company reimburse you and pay your doctor within 30 days of submission of the bill. PIP coverage includes several basic benefits:
- Medical expenses – you are covered for 80% of the charges for medical treatment for your motor vehicle accident related injuries. Expenses such as doctor visits, x-ray, surgery, hospital charges, ambulance charges, dental bills, prescription glasses, rehabilitation, hearing aids and other necessary aids are covered.
- Transportation - 80% of transportation costs related to medical care is covered.
- Wage loss - 60% of lost income and/or wage loss related to your injuries is covered.
- Household expenses - PIP will also pay “reasonable” expenses for household services i.e. maid service, lawn care, and other household expenses.
- Death benefits - PIP pay $5000 per person or a maximum of $10,000.
Effective January 1, 2013, individuals seeking PIP medical benefits are required to receive additional services and care within 14 days after the motor vehicle accident. An individual may receive up to $10,000 medical benefits for services and care. If a physician and certain other medical providers have determined that the injured person has an emergency medical condition. If the injured person is not diagnosed emergency medical condition limit on PIP coverage is $2500.Insurance Companies Often Oppose PIP Claims
Although coverage has now been limited by the new revisions to PIP law, the law was designed to provide broad coverage of medical injuries. Insurance companies have a history of making it difficult for auto accident victims and medical providers to process these claims. The law offices of West Palm Beach auto accident attorney, Jessica Mishali are highly experienced in handling PIP claims and will aggressively protect your rights. If you have been injured in an automobile accident, please contact us for a free consultation at (561) 833-2772 or contact us online.